Though you might not give it much thought, a clogged dryer vent can easily start a house fire. How do you know if it’s time for a thorough dryer vent cleaning?
– clothes are taking longer to dry
– more lint than usual on your dry clothes
– top or sides of your dryer feel hot
– slight moldy smell on your clothes
– outside vent flap doesn’t open or close properly
– not sure when dryer vent was last cleaned
Don’t risk a house fire! Remember to clean out your dryer’s lint screen after every load, and have your dryer vent cleaned professionally at least once a year, or every six months if you do more than four loads per week.